Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How does it look when talent reads from the PT1000? And does it need a scan converter?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
psalms4us

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-12

How does it look when talent reads from the PT1000? And does it need a scan converter? Empty
PostSubject: How does it look when talent reads from the PT1000? And does it need a scan converter?   How does it look when talent reads from the PT1000? And does it need a scan converter? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:44 pm

I love the PT1000 for its simplicity, but I'll get the 2000 if the sightline from talent reading the 1000 makes the eyes look funky.

do you have any footage comparing the two? I do a lot of ENG style shooting, and the mirror setup might be too cumbersome for what I'm trying to do. I can assume that talent who practices with the script will look into the lens more than the monitor. But when does that happen?

And, do you need a scan converter to send signal from the computer to the monitor, or does the monitor accept VGA?

Thanks,
TJ McCormick
Henderson, NV video producer
aka psalms4us
Back to top Go down
CLos

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-29

How does it look when talent reads from the PT1000? And does it need a scan converter? Empty
PostSubject: Question about the PT1000/PT2000   How does it look when talent reads from the PT1000? And does it need a scan converter? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks for your interest!

In response to your questions, the PT1000 is a great, lightweight teleprompter for run n gun shooting, but it does present a challenge in that the monitor is just above the lens and while the eyeline will be close, it will not be as exact as with the PT2000. We do not currently have footage comparing the two eyelines, but if you are needing for the eyeline to be perfectly lined up with the lens, then I would recommend going with the PT2000.

As for the inputs, the PT1000 does accept a VGA signal, however it is done so through a breakout cable, so it is not a standard connection, but rather one that looks ver similar to an S-Video connection.

As always, if you have any further questions, feel free to contact us! And thanks for swinging by the forums @ Ikan!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ikancorp.com

How does it look when talent reads from the PT1000? And does it need a scan converter?
Page 1 of 1